Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Looking forward.

Birthday Manhattan
Despite purchasing a new MacBook, I have been largely offline the past few days; instead I've been celebrating Halloween, some birthdays and the visit of a good friend. I haven't cooked a lick, which makes me sad, and I'm going out of town tomorrow, so that won't be changing. But I have had many meals out lately, some at my favorite haunts. They were meals that inspired new ideas and triggered unexpected memories. As I look ahead to the remaining fall and the arrival of winter, I hope to continue celebrating some of my favorite things (epicurean, and otherwise):

Bike rides
The Brooklyn Academy of Music
Dinner parties
Letters
Manhattans
The Paris Theater
Pasta fagioli
Quince
The Russian and Turkish Baths
Sweet and sour (onions, raddichio, soup, etc.)

No comments: